Over the summer I finished making Common Core Standard posters for K-8. The posters cover the national standards for ELA and Math. Many states have added their own standards to the national ones. My own state, California, is one of them. So, starting with sunny California, I will be making posters to cover additional state standards. If you would like posters for the standards added by your state, leave a comment below or email me and I’ll send them to you when they’re finished.

I’m also going to create more options for subject headers. A lot of administrators want us to post specific headings like Reading, Writing, Language, etc, as opposed to just “English Language Arts.”

Steve

17 thoughts on “Common Core I Can Statements Customized for Your State

• September 29, 2012 at 6:18 am

Steve,

We love the Common Core Standards Posters that you so generously donated to our homeschool co-op!

Did my workshop and used your posters with the group and they all just LOVED how nice and user-friendly your Common Core posters are.

Am in the process of gathering comments for all of the grades that you let us try, but really, all of the feedback about your posters has been excellent!

Am going to show ways that your Common Core Posters can be adapted for homeschooling, as since most of us don't have bulletin boards in our homes, we use your posters more as the basis for our portfolios as well as other homeschool uses.
    Well, thanks again and if you want someone to review what you put together for Virginia when you put Virginia together, I have several friends and former colleagues there, from back in the day when we used to live in VA and from when I taught in the classroom in VA.

Thanks again for your generosity and hope that you will like all of the feedback and new ways to use your awesome posters ideas too!
    Will let you know when I get everything compiled for you, but hopefully, by this coming week!
    Enjoy your weekend!

Colleen

(On behalf of all of the members of the Victorious Life Homeschool Co-op Group in Florida)

• September 29, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I teach 5th grade in Huntington Beach, CA. I would love a set of your posters! My colleagues and I just went to our first workshop about CCSS on Thursday. We were told that we would never be held accountable for the additional 15% of CA standards, though.

• September 30, 2012 at 2:26 am

Hi Joannah. I emailed the posters to you this evening. Thanks for commenting!

• October 19, 2012 at 4:14 am

You got it! Should be ready in about three weeks. I'll post them on TPT when they're done.

• February 5, 2013 at 11:10 pm

We just purchased all grade levels of your illustrated common core and they are awesome. Can you explain the difference between performance standards (one poster) and just Common Core Standards (another poster)? Also, I would love to have the North Dakota State Standards if you get them completed! Thank you so much!

• February 6, 2013 at 1:34 am

Hi Missy. Thanks for commenting! The "performance standard" heading is an option that's more personal to the student. Their performance is measured rather than talking about the Common Core, which may be something they've never heard of. The performance standard heading is useful for teachers who have been posting standards for a long time, just not necessarily the Common core standards.

I'll do some research and see if North Dakota has added any standards to the Common Core. If so, I'll make posters for them within the next few weeks.

Thanks!
    Steve

• February 14, 2013 at 1:10 am

Hey Steve,
    Looking for some customized common core posters for the beautiful state of Hawaii! Let me know if it's possible 🙂
    teribeef89@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

• February 14, 2013 at 1:22 am

Hi Teri. I did a quick review of the CCS links on the Hawaii Standards Database. It looks like Hawaii hasn't added to or customized the national CCS in any way. Which means my posters will work for you the way they are – no customization required.

There's links to posters for grades k-8 to the right.

If Hawaii customizes the standards or adds any of their own, I'll make posters for the ones that are unique to Hawaii and send them to you or post them on TPT. But as of now it looks like they are going with the standards the way they are.

Steve

p.s. I have a beach ocean surf theme that you might like. It's free!

• November 5, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I realize that this post a little dates, but TN just revised from true CCSS to TN State Standards. There is very little change, some of the language, but they did make an addition to 8th Grade Statistics & Probability and it seems to be one that they have added from 7th grade. I have bought one of your bundles and would appreciate a revision for this.
    Thank you !

• November 7, 2017 at 10:13 am

Hi Shelby. This past summer I made all my I can statements 100% editable so you can make changes and additions. Make sure you have the latest version by going to the My Purchases section of your TpT account and downloading the resource again.